[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Adam Nellemann <adam at nellemann dot nu>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: [m0n0wall-dev] Beta 1.1b9
 Date:  Mon, 24 May 2004 15:50:57 +0200
Dinesh Nair wrote:

> On Mon, 24 May 2004, Samenlia wrote:
>

>>when user A use a account(test)  logined , how i can prevent the user B
>>use the same account(test) to login again? that means, one account just
>>for one user in the same time. if m0n0wall can detect this ? and tell
>>the user that the account is in use?
>
> that's not a m0n0wall thing. the RADIUS server needs to be able to detect
> concurrent logins and send an Auth-Reject when this happens. m0n0wall will
> see the Auth-Reject and authentication will fail.

Perhaps all that is needed then, is a specific (uploadable) page for
this situation (so as to distinguish it from any other kind of portal
"error"?) Not that I'm sure it is (normally) wise to announce this
"situation" to the user trying to log in to an account already in use?

Also, wouldn't the "standard" way to handle a second login be to dump
the first user? (Thats how most ISP's handle multiple usage of their
accounts, since this ensures that the actual owner of the account will
be able to (re)login, even if someone is using the account without
permission, and that the owner will be made aware of the problem, if
someone is trying to log in while he is himself using the account.)

Adam.