[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Thomas Hertz" <term at cynisk dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Dynamical Bandwidth Management.
 Date:  Tue, 25 May 2004 18:51:16 +0200
Hello Jose,

This is pretty straightforward using m0n0wall. Do do this you start with
adding two pipes. One pipe that is 95% of your download speed, and one that
is 95% of your upload speed. Mine look like this:

Pipe 1: 730Kbit/s (no delay, no mask)
Pipe 2: 2375Kbit/s (no delay, no mask)

Then you create two queues with equal weight for the two pipes, like this:

Queue 1: Pipe 1, Weight 1, Mask source
Queue 2: Pipe 2, Weight 2, Mask destination

Finally you define the rules that divert traffic into the two queues:

Rule 1: Target Queue 1, Interface WAN, Protocol any, Source LAN, Destination
any, Direction out
Rule 2: Target Queue 2, Interface WAN, Protocol any, Source any, Destination
LAN, Direction in

Then you will share the available bandwidth on a per-ip basis, instead of
per-connection. Chapter two of this would be to disable one_pass and start
processing the packages based on content, but I haven't had the time to
create working rules for that.

Cheers,

Thomas Hertz