[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mitch \(WebCob\)" <mitch at webcob dot com>
 To:  "Thomas Hertz" <term at cynisk dot net>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Dynamical Bandwidth Management.
 Date:  Tue, 25 May 2004 10:08:30 -0700
Hi Thomas

> Then you will share the available bandwidth on a per-ip basis, instead of
> per-connection. Chapter two of this would be to disable one_pass and start
> processing the packages based on content, but I haven't had the time to
> create working rules for that.

When you say "per-ip basis" - can you clarify?

Do you mean if my lan is /24, that each IP gets 1/256th of the available
bandwidth?

Or is it per active IP's?

(which is I think what you meant).

By further masking and separating traffic, I guess one could set priorities
for traffic (email or voip for example) to always have a slice of traffic as
well. Neat!

Is this what you were talking about "packages based on content"?

Thanks.

m/