[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Adam Nellemann <adam at nellemann dot nu>
 To:  Jose Iadicicco <joseiadicicco at yahoo dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Prevent users know what system i am using.
 Date:  Tue, 25 May 2004 20:23:05 +0200
Jose Iadicicco wrote:

> I would like to prevent users on the network trying to acces the
> Monowall interface know that the system is a Monowall. (When the
> login fails, at the explorer windows appears: m0n0wall, Access
> denied), how can I change this?
>
> Thank you friends.
>
> Jose

I'd suggest that you simply make some firewall rules preventing any
hosts but your own from accessing m0n0wall on the http (or https) port.

Of course you could modify the image, replacing the standard
"Authorization required" page with one of your own making, but
personally I wouldn't want to try this?

Perhaps some day, when Manuel accidentially swallows a number of
strange looking pills, he might be inclined to implement "skins" for
m0n0wall, so you can easily change such things, but until then...

Hope this helps.

Adam.