[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mitch \(WebCob\)" <mitch at webcob dot com>
 To:  ggoerisch at gmx dot net, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] RADIUS Server
 Date:  Tue, 25 May 2004 12:01:13 -0700
> I know about the discussions, that the m0n0wall is designed as a
> firewall,
> so please do not flame me for this idea.
>
> Now that a captive portal is added, wouldn't it make sense to add
> a Radius
> server to the m0n0wall?
> With this one would have a single server/accesspoint which does
> everything
> needed for a hotspot/soho/home setup?

Yea Gods no!

- a radius server is quite complicated, there are MANY options, and most
require some sort of database (either embedded or external)

- All this complication would require much disk space, much write access,
much logging...

No flame intended, but I can really appriate Manuels hesitation to add
features... it just snowballs! ;-)