[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Adam Nellemann <adam at nellemann dot nu>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] WOL client
 Date:  Tue, 25 May 2004 21:51:50 +0200
Thomas Hertz wrote:

> I might be very wrong here, but isn't this just a matter of sending a WOL
> packet to the LAN network? I don't see any problem in doing this over the
> PPTP link.
>
> // Thomas Hertz

I'll soon be upgrading my computers at home, at which point they will
become WOL capable. So I too would like information on how to do this?

Is it a simple matter of allowing certain packet types (WOL?) through
the firewall, or..?

Also, are there some kind of application I'd need to use, to send this
"WOL packet" or how is this typically done?

Thanks.

Adam.