[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Adam Nellemann <adam at nellemann dot nu>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] WOL client
 Date:  Tue, 25 May 2004 22:35:19 +0200
Thomas Hertz wrote:

> Ah. Dang. I think I know why. M0n0wall(i.e. freebsd) will not allow routing
> broadcasts across subnets, at least I haven't been able to persuade my box
> into doing it (allowing routed broadcasts is probably pretty bad practice
> anyway). Integrating a WoL client with a few knobs and buttons should be
> pretty easy though.

I just want to add my "vote" for such a feature then, as I will
probably be needing it as soon as I get all my new hardware put together!

Anyone out there with the knowledge needed to add such a feature and
submitting it to Manuel? (And what do you think about the addition of
this feature to m0n0wall, Manuel?)

Adam.