[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Fred Wright <fw at well dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Documenting problem RE: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall NAT weirdness (It shouldn't be doing this!)
 Date:  Tue, 25 May 2004 14:49:53 -0700 (PDT)
On Wed, 26 May 2004, C. Falconer wrote:

> Gidday all - I've had good advice from the list so far, but nothing has
> answered my problem.
>
> I've taken a couple screen shots and posted them here
> http://staff.avonside.school.nz/cf/m0n0wall/
>
> This is quite an irritating problem - because it appears to be configured
> correctly.  Can you please advise me where I've gone wrong?

For ping to work, you need to add an ICMP pass rule.

Your log entries show the packets being passed, so the firewall isn't the
problem.  Are you sure 10.28.1.2 has 10.28.1.1 configured as its default
gateway?  Can you run tcpdump on 10.28.1.2?

If it's up now, SSH doesn't work any better than HTTP.  But since SMTP
isn't responding, either, maybe it's not up.

					Fred Wright