[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Adam Nellemann <adam at nellemann dot nu>
 To:  Martin Holst <mail at martinh dot dk>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] WOL client
 Date:  Tue, 25 May 2004 23:50:05 +0200
Martin Holst wrote:

> Well, actually... Tools for routed WOL are available.
> I think that using one of these would be a better choice.
>
> Take a look at www.depicus.com. They've got a few different tools - all
> freeware.
>
> I'm currently using the WOL GUI (358kB) and the WOL Command-line (48kB).
>
> The depicus web page is horribly slow right now.
> If it's completely inaccessible I can drop the utils on a web server
> myself.

While I wait for their page to load...

Will these tools allow me to send a WOL packet through m0n0wall (from
the WAN side that is), or will it still be necessary with some kind of
WOL agent/server/whatever running on m0n0wall (or on some other box on
the LAN side)?

Thanks,

Adam.

P.S. That page is still loading, so perhaps it would be nice if you
could provide alternative linkage to those WOL tools, as you mention!