[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Adam Nellemann <adam at nellemann dot nu>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Selective traffic shaping rules.
 Date:  Mon, 24 May 2004 16:14:26 +0200
mono at centrum dot sk wrote:

> Hi everybody, I`m sorry for this bad english post :-}. I have a
> little idea. But unfortunatelly I don`t know how to do this :-}.
> But it is very usefull feature.  Maby.  I will be very glat to see
> in Traffic Shaper in menu Rules feature, which allows
> ENABLE/DISABLE each one rule. Because in now, is able
> enable/disable only all rules together, or erase some rule, which I
> don`t use now. Is it very hard? PS: what about a timed rules?

I too would like to see a way to enable/disable individual rules in
the shaper (would be very good for testing AND for rules for "special
load situations" which are only relevant from time to time).

I would suggest a checkbox aside each rule in the list, as opposed to
having it on the edit page. This way it would be quick to
enable/disable any number of rules. In fact I'd like to see the same
done to the enable/disable feature of the firewall rules (takes
forever to load each edit page, save and load the next...)

(I must say though, that these things aren't any priority to me, and I
understand if the Manuel et.al. feel they have better things to do!)

About the "timed rules": This too would be nice, BUT:

A) Personally I feel that such a feature would be most relevant for
the firewall rules (altough both places would be ideal).

B) Perhaps the right (= most flexible) way of allowing rules to be
changed based on the time of day (or any other criteria), would be by
way of an URL, taking a rule number as an argument. This way one could
have some other box do the "timing" (or other criteria testing) and
just toss the right URL to m0n0wall (might even be possible already?)

Adam.