[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Justin W. Pauler" <jwpauler at air dash q dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] [pptp] problem connecting from XP clients behind firewall/NAT
 Date:  Mon, 24 May 2004 10:01:11 -0500
If you will, let me through my two cents in...

I've had the EXACT same problem for the past two nights, at work, via the
LAN port, my VPN worked just fine (I was only testing in this situation),
but at home, connecting via the WAN port, I got nothing. Turns out, at home,
my Linksys BEFSR81 had the "PPTP Pass Through" setting set to DISABLE,
therefore, only parts of the PPTP handshake were leaving the local network.
After changing that variable, PPTP works great!

Good luck.

--
Justin W. Pauler
Network Administrator