[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  David Rodgers <david dot rodgers at kdsi dot net>
 To:  "Benjamin H. Henry" <m0n0wall at id3a dot net>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] RADIUS Server
 Date:  Wed, 26 May 2004 01:22:01 -0500
> What distribution would you reccommend?
What do you mean by this? Linux distributions??
If this is what you mean I am running my freeradius servers
on the slackware linux distro but it doesn't have to be linux.

It should compile and run on just about any Unix or sufficiently
Unix-like OS that you have dev tools available to build it on.

> What about the front-end?
There is a frontend available for freeradius
http://sourceforge.net/projects/dialup-admin/
that appears to work very well. I have had limited
experience with it though because we maintain
the database with an in house developed billing system.

> Are there
> any decent configuration tools available?
See Above.

> I have used IAS on Windows 2000
> before, but I moving steadily away from Microsoft products.
Good Man! It really makes me smile to see someone say that!!
My house and datacenter have been 100% microsoft free for almost
two full years now and counting. It's much cheaper to donate money
and resources to good opensource projects than pay the MS licensing tax.

David Rodgers