[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  David Rodgers <david dot rodgers at kdsi dot net>
 To:  Darrin Drew <DarrinD at sdsmarketwatch dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Ibm netstation
 Date:  Wed, 26 May 2004 09:14:39 -0500
If it were me I would hit ebay and buy a +- $10US Compact Flash-IDE
adapter and a cheap 16-32 meg Compact Flash card to replace the hard
drive in the unit to save power, prevent disk failure and reduce noise
before doing the install. All of the pieces parts will run less than
$20US +shipping.

If you don't want to do that you could pull the hard disk out and plug
it into the ide controller on another running machine and use
physdiskwrite or dd to write the generic-pc image to the hard drive then
plug it back in.

You said it had A built in network card? does it have a pci slot to add
more?

David Rodgers