[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  'Huub Reuver' <h underscore reuver at mantell dot xs4all dot nl>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] many problems with... - could somebody please clear this?
 Date:  Wed, 26 May 2004 20:52:57 +0200
On Wed, May 26, 2004 at 07:30:03PM +1200, C. Falconer wrote:
> I thought the speedtouch (at least the old speedtouch home I used to have)
> had PPTP functionality.
>
> So that the external IP could be given to the NIC that the speedtouch is
> plugged into.

For PPTP with monowall one needs AFAIK an external IP-adres and a remote
server to connect to. ("The field 'PPTP remote IP address' is required.")

Therefore the PPTP-functionality within Monowall is useless for me.

My provider never told me both, probably because they might change without
further notice. Ideally it should be set up using DHCP or something similar.
Based on your user ID and passwd you will get your IP-number and router
assigned.

A direct DHCP-configuration assumes you have a router which is adressed
correctly or which is completely invisible. Or you are stuck with NAT.
When I disable NAT at the Speedtouch I don't see a way to connect to
internet. I'd rather do only NAT with monowall.

With regards,
Huub Reuver