[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "SysOps" <sysops at mypcbox dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  The MDP Initiative
 Date:  Wed, 26 May 2004 15:05:56 -0500
Hi all,

I have recently been introduced to the m0n0wall project and I wanted to express how much a great
firewall solution it is.

Along with it I wanted to get feed back from the group on how valuable it would be to providing more
documentation about using m0n0wall in different situations.  I know that that the m0n0wall site
current has a documentation project underway but I haven't seen that it gets update regularly.  The
documentation on the site only has generalized screen shots of the management gui but for a more
specific setup approach then other references are needed.   Also, for folks needing to get a more
detailed approach on diving right in and using different m0n0wall features(especially in different
situations, i.e. pptp, ipsec, NATing, Dynamic DNS, Routing, etc) it is quite difficult to do with
out searching the list extensively.

What I am proposing is collective update to the MDP I(m0n0wall documentation project ) where all who
are currently using m0n0wall in a variety of situations can provide a link or the document that they
used.  This way a m0n0wall newbie like me can easily get started in the heart of the matter... using
m0n0wall.

I will be perfectly happy in coordinating putting this together.  What do you think?

Thanks

Sysops
MYPCBOX LLC