[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "C. Falconer" <cfalconer at avonside dot school dot nz>
 To:  'Fred Wright' <fw at well dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  PPTP mode, was many problems with...
 Date:  Thu, 27 May 2004 09:19:27 +1200
{ISP gateway}---[Speedtouch]----------------firewall------------internal
network
1.2.3.4       SomeIP     10.0.0.138     10.0.0.1  192.168.1.1    192.168.1.x

When I put my old Speedtouch DSL modem into PPTP mode it became more like
this

{ISP gateway}---[Speedtouch]----------------firewall------------internal
network
1.2.3.4               10.0.0.138     10.0.0.1  192.168.1.1    192.168.1.x
                                   ppp0: someIP

In fact - I was quite lazy and did it this way...  All the internal hosts
used 10.0.0.2
as their gateway:
{ISP gateway}---[Speedtouch]----+-------firewall eth0 10.0.0.2, ppp0 someIP
                   10.0.0.1     +-------internal network 10.0.0.3 to 254

Sorry for the linux slant on this, but it was years ago.