[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Victor Meirans <vic at is dot lv>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  NIC setup problem
 Date:  Thu, 27 May 2004 06:05:30 +0300
Hello,

I could not find the answer in list archive search, so let me explain my
problem:

I have a FreeBSD 5.1 firewall box (ipfw+nat) at home, which is running
perfectly, today I decided to try m0n0wall on it, downloaded the
generic-pc image, dd'd it to old 540MB HDD.

The box has two PCI NIC's: 10Mbit ed0 and 10/100Mbit rl0, both are
detected during m0n0wall startup, but it's impossible to set the rl0 as
a LAN interface. No interfaces are listed as valid. Autodetect doesn't
work too.

The mainboard is Intel SE440BX-2.

So what sould I do to make it work? Get a new hardware? NIC, M/B or
both? Or is there a way to fix this?

Thanks in advance...

--
ViC