[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jim McBeath <monowall at j dot jimmc dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] The MDP Initiative
 Date:  Wed, 26 May 2004 21:30:49 -0700
On Wed, May 26, 2004 at 03:05:56PM -0500, SysOps wrote:
> From: "SysOps" <sysops at mypcbox dot com>
> To: <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
> Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 15:05:56 -0500
> Subject: [m0n0wall] The MDP Initiative
>
> Hi all,
>
> I have recently been introduced to the m0n0wall project and I wanted
> to express how much a great firewall solution it is.
>
> Along with it I wanted to get feed back from the group on how valuable it
> would be to providing more documentation about using m0n0wall in different
> situations.  I know that that the m0n0wall site current has a documentation
> project underway but I haven't seen that it gets update regularly.

Work has started on a Users Guide using the Docbook format, which can produce
both html and PDF output.  You can see the current preliminary work at
http://www.m0n0.ch/wall/docbook/.  If you would like to contribute to this
project, you should sign up for the m0n0wall-doc mailing list (although
there is very little traffic on it at the moment).  I would be happy to
send you the README file for the User Guide Docbook project so you can see
how to check out your own copy to work on it.  Just send me an email.

> I will be perfectly happy in coordinating putting this together.
> What do you think?

I think it would be great if you wanted to contribute to the manual.
There is still a lot of collecting and consolidating input to be done.

The last chapter is a (still small) list of pointers to other documentation.
If nothing else, it would be good to collect pointers there so that people
don't have to wade through the list in order to find documentation.

--
Jim McBeath
monowall at j dot jimmc dot org