[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dinesh Nair <dinesh at alphaque dot com>
 To:  Adam Nellemann <adam at nellemann dot nu>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: [m0n0wall-dev] Beta 1.1b9
 Date:  Mon, 24 May 2004 23:09:46 +0800 (MYT)
On Mon, 24 May 2004, Adam Nellemann wrote:

> Perhaps all that is needed then, is a specific (uploadable) page for
> this situation (so as to distinguish it from any other kind of portal

RADIUS defines four packet types: Access-Request, Access-Accept,
Access-Reject, Access-Challenge.

the client starts of by sending an Access-Request and the RADIUS server
responds with one of the other three. -Accept and -Reject are
self-explanatory, and the -Challenge just signals a challenge response
auth mechanism. as such there is no way for RADIUS to return a duplicate
login unless it is defined to allow it (Access-Accept) or to deny it
(Access-Reject).

> Also, wouldn't the "standard" way to handle a second login be to dump
> the first user? (Thats how most ISP's handle multiple usage of their
> accounts, since this ensures that the actual owner of the account will

depends on the ISP. the ISPs here deny the second user access.