[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Justin Ellison <justin at techadvise dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: SV: [m0n0wall] WOL client
 Date:  Thu, 27 May 2004 08:22:55 -0500
If you're using m0n0, and trying to WOL from the outside, I'd be shocked
if it ever worked.  I can get it to work on the local net no problem,
but this post pretty well sums it up:

FreeBSD will not forward broadcasts between interfaces.

I tried a few different ways of sending the packet from from m0n0
itself, but ran into many walls.  There is a way to do it PHP, but only
if PHP is compiled with --enable-sockets, m0n0 isn't.  You can do it
Perl, but there isn't any Perl on m0n0.  I found a utility in ports
called wol, but I get an error on libgnugetopt.so.1 not being found
after uploading it.  If someone knows a little about compiling source
for m0n0, I'd be happy to listen...

On Wed, 2004-05-26 at 10:49, Ronni Jorgensen wrote:
> I can´t get this to WOL programs working! It sends the magic packet but my
> computer dosn´t start :( I surgest to build a WOL client into the m0n0wall
> in sted..
> /Ronni

Justin Ellison <justin at techadvise dot com>