[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Joel Desrochers" <joelgroup at hotmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  PPPoE problem with SBC DSL in CT
 Date:  Thu, 27 May 2004 09:58:40 -0400
Hi,

I have been using m0n0 CD ISO for around a year now with excellent success!

I am now setting up another m0n0 in a new environment that is PPPoE over
DSL.  The hardware is a Intel P300 / 128MB RAM / 32x CD / 3 x 3c959-B NICS.
I am running a CD ISO of m0n0 1.0 stable.

The hardware boots and recognizes all the NICs.  After I assign them, I can
use each interface correctly (ping & connect) but cannot get the PPPoE
handshake with the ISP.

I have tested the PPPoE with a simple laptop straight into the DSL modem
with good success.

I have also searched and read all there is on PPPoE via this list group's
digest.

Can anyone point me in any new directions to troubleshoot and/or solve this
problem?

Thank you very much for an excellent product!

Joel Desrochers

Learn to simplify your finances and your life in Streamline Your Life from
MSN Money. http://special.msn.com/money/0405streamline.armx