[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Bagnall" <m0n0wall at minotaur dot cc>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Losing connection
 Date:  Thu, 27 May 2004 18:30:33 +0100
> How can I do this? My modem is a D-Link 300G+. Can I run
> something on the monowall box to find out?

I have had the exact same problem with a m0n0wall connected via PPTP to a
SpeedTouch 530. Connection works fine for a couple of hours, then dies a sad
death. I have forced my network cards to 100mbps full duplex using the Intel
ProSet utility, but it doesn't seem to make any difference I'm afraid.

A friend has had the same problem with a D-Link 300T (think it's  a slightly
updated and cut-down version of the 300G+) with another *nix router package,
which he eventually solved by cloning the router's MAC address to be the
same as that of the modem.  I can't really see how this would help, but he
swears blind it fixed the problem.

Do please post back if you find a solution to this - I'd love to give
m0n0wall another try (gone back to my previous Linux-based router for now).

Regards,

Chris
--
C.M. Bagnall, Partner, Minotaur
Tel: 070 10710715   ICQ: 13350579   MSN: minotauruk at hotmail dot com   AIM: