[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  "Mitch (WebCob)" <mitch at webcob dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] multiple ping problems
 Date:  Fri, 28 May 2004 07:36:14 +0200
On 27.05.2004 20:34 -0700, Mitch (WebCob) wrote:

> Sounds like you've got a point to me, but unless the limitation on
> mono is specific to mono, you are probably better off raising that
> issue with natd - cause I guess everyone has the problem then eh?

The limitation is not in m0n0wall itself (if I had a dime for every
time I had to say this), but in ipnat, which is part of ipfilter.
It's even documented in the FAQ:
<http://www.phildev.net/ipf/IPFprob.html#11>. Not sure if they've
really fixed it in 4.x, since last time I tried, it wouldn't even
compile on FreeBSD 4.9, but that may have changed with 4.1.2. Anyway,
I think there are more important things than this.

- Manuel