[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Seth Rothenberg" <seth at pachai dot net>
 To:  seth at pachai dot net, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] The MDP Initiative
 Date:  Fri, 28 May 2004 06:58:34 -0400 (EDT)
>> Or does that start to be bloat,
>> excessive complexity, and totally
>> unneeded?
>
> Some people are bound to think so. Thus I'd like to suggest a solution
> that should prevent most, if not all, the "bloat":
>
> Couldn't such context-sensitive help consist mainly of externally
> linked pages?

The concern I have with that is, that assumes that
we succeeded in setting up WAN and that WAN is working.
If WAN went down and we were trying to configure
the backup, help out on the WAN wouldn't help.

OK, that's probably not very likely, but it
is something to be aware of.  I know, for example,
that I have been in situations, like DR testing,
where WAN was not available.

Other than that, it's a good idea, following the same
idea as the captive portal being an external page