[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Thomas Hertz" <term at cynisk dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] ipsec and windows
 Date:  Fri, 28 May 2004 17:11:39 +0200
Hello Nicolas,

Theoretically, this should be possible by using a WINS server on each side
of the tunnel. As of the current version of Samba, I don't think it is
supported to let two Samba WINS servers exchange browse lists between each
other, but using Windows servers should be possible. Windows SMB protocol
that is used for "browsing" shares uses broadcasts, and broadcasts are not
routable across subnets.

// Thomas Hertz