[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Thomas Hertz" <term at cynisk dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] ipsec and windows
 Date:  Fri, 28 May 2004 17:28:18 +0200
Yes, many products out there offers the possibility to route broadcasts but
the FreeBSD team has decided that this is violating some RFC:s (which it
is...)

As discussed earlier this is pretty annoying when you want to route
broadcasts in a relatively "safe" way, like across a VPN tunnel or similar.
There is a way to come around this limitation in FreeBSD by running a
broadcast routing daemon (like the one at
http://non-standard.net/freebsd/game-vpn/bcastd.pl ). This particular daemon
is a perl script, but I see no problems in writing a simple c program that
will do the same. I might even do it myself, if I find the time.

// Thomas Hertz