[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Ginther, Demian M" <demian dot m dot ginther at boeing dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Since the list seems to be pretty active right now... Please help, with VPN/routing/tunnel definitions...
 Date:  Fri, 28 May 2004 08:34:44 -0700
I am getting frustrated with my current VPN project and need some
suggestions.

We are trying to set up an encrypted tunnel which will be the default
route for any and all traffic passed between our corporate network (many
subnets) and a subnet in Maui, 192.168.20.0/24.  There will be Exchange,
web, and windows networking traffic going over this link.  I have
successfully set up the tunnel in a test environment, and the clients on
the Maui side of the tunnel have 192.168.20.x addresses with a default
gateway that is the main routing switch here in our network
(xxx.xxx.xxx.1)  xxx.xxx.xxx.1 is in the network defined by the tunnel,
so the packets all flow to the routing switch and then to their
destination.  The problem is that if the packet destination is somewhere
outside the tunnel definition that goes TO Maui, the m0n0wall drops the
packets and they never get back through the tunnel.    Is there some way
to define the local subnet in the tunnel definition as 0.0.0.0/0?  I
want all traffic destined for 192.168.20.0/24 to be sent through, no
matter the source address of the packet.

Am I trying to do something that would be better off done a different
way?

Please help.  I am in a time crunch and really need some assistance.

Thanks.

Demian