[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Adam Nellemann <adam at nellemann dot nu>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] default ruleset
 Date:  Fri, 28 May 2004 20:35:20 +0200
nicolas bussieres wrote:
> By default everything is blocked inbound and eveything is open outbound on
> the lan->wan interface
> if you add an extra NIC , you have to add rules as everything is blocked
> inbound/outbound

Huh! Does this mean that for the LAN, unlike for the WAN, I need to
add a "Block all" rule at the bottom of my list of LAN rules, if I
don't want m0n0wall to pass everything from LAN to WAN?

I had the impression that m0n0wall came with ALL interfaces blocked by
default?!?

Please enlighten me, as I will need to make some changes in my
firewall rules if this is true...

Thanks,

Adam.