[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  Adam Nellemann <adam at nellemann dot nu>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] default ruleset
 Date:  Fri, 28 May 2004 20:56:48 +0200
On 28.05.2004 20:35 +0200, Adam Nellemann wrote:

> Huh! Does this mean that for the LAN, unlike for the WAN, I need to
> add a "Block all" rule at the bottom of my list of LAN rules, if I
> don't want m0n0wall to pass everything from LAN to WAN?

No.

> I had the impression that m0n0wall came with ALL interfaces blocked
> by default?!?

It does, but a LAN -> any pass rule is in the "factory" default
configuration because that's what most people want. If you delete all
rules via the webGUI, all traffic will be blocked on all interfaces
(well, almost - except for webGUI traffic so you can't lock yourself
out, and things like DHCP).

- Manuel