[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Neil Schneider" <pacneil at linuxgeek dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] ipsec and windows
 Date:  Fri, 28 May 2004 15:53:35 -0700 (PDT)
Fred Wright said:

>> Exchanging browse lists between Samba servers acting as PDCs has
>> been
>> supported for a long time. The options are:
>>         remote announce = 192.168.0.10
>>         remote browse sync = 192.168.0.10
>>
>> If two samba servers on either side of the vpn have this configured,
>> and pointing to each other, then cross subnet browsing will work.
>> I've
>> had it working for nearly 3 years for one of my clients. I don't
>> know
>> the Windows equivelent if you're using NT/XP/W2K.
>
> How does name resolution work in this environment, given that nmbd is
> capable of acting as a WINS client *or* server, but not both?

name resolve order = lmhosts hosts wins bcast
domain master = Yes
wins proxy = Yes
wins support = Yes

Seems to work for me.

--
Neil Schneider                              pacneil_at_linuxgeek_dot_net
                                           http://www.paccomp.com

Fires can't be made with dead embers, nor can enthusiasm be stirred by
spiritless men. Enthusiasm in our daily work lightens effort and turns
even labor into pleasant tasks. --James Baldwin