[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Ron Rosson <ron at oneinsane dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Cc:  Fred Wright <fw at well dot com>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] NAT inbound
 Date:  Sat, 29 May 2004 10:44:14 -0700
Well I just downgraded to 1.0 and everything is working fine. So
somewhere between 1.0 and 1.1b9 the rdr statements are never getting
passed to ipfilter.  I guess I can live with this until that issue is
solved, but I will miss the traffic graph since I used that to see how
much my other family members were using in the house.

-Ron

P.S. Downgraded directly to the 1.0 using the same config.  ( Good to
know that the XML files are backwards compatable.

>[...]
>> can

>> >What column is the "WAN" in?  I have no such NAT column here (V1.0).
>>
>> That is the header under interfaces.
>
>But "interfaces" aren't listed on the NAT page, at least not here.
>
>> >Is "xx.xx.xx.xx" the same as <internal IP> (which should be the SSH
>> >server
>> >IP)?
>> >
>> >Is "sis1" the WAN interface?
>> >
>> >Is "xx.xx.xx.xx" in "xx.xx.xx.xx,22" in the log the same as
<internal
>> >(and not the same as the "xx.xx.xx.xx" in "xx.xx.xx.xx,19627")?
>> >

>> I am basically redirecting all requests on port 22 on the WAN
>interface
>> to a machine on the internal lan port 22.
>
>Yes, I understand what you're *trying* to do.  I do the same thing here
>and it works fine.  But if you're too paranoid to post real IP
>addresses,
>and won't even answer questions about them, it's rather difficult for
>anyone to see what might be going wrong.
>
>                   Fred Wright

Ron Rosson
ron at oneinsane dot net