[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Adam Nellemann <adam at nellemann dot nu>
 To:  alexandre at universinfo dot ca
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] LS-120???
 Date:  Sat, 29 May 2004 22:05:25 +0200
Alexandre Germain wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> I'd like to know if it is possible to run m0n0 (the standard pc-cd
> version) .... with a LS-120 drive instead of a floppy to write the config
> file on. I KNOW, it's ackward, but the device I'd like to use (An IBM
> netvista) has no floppy port on the mainboard, only ONE ide port.
>
> Thanks in advance!

Why not use the "generic-pc" image then. It keeps everything on one
"harddisk", which I guess could be a LS-120 drive (if it is able to
act as a standard harddisk?) Alternativly I can recommend getting an
IDE <=> CF adaptor and using a CompactFlash card instead (no moving
parts and fast access times!) That's what I use.

Otherwise I guess you would have to be able to run the LS-120 in some
kind of "Floppy simulation" mode (if such a thing is available in the
BIOS?) I can't see how else you could get it to work, not without
making changes to the m0n0wall image at least?

Adam.