[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Fred Wright <fw at well dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Beta 1.1b10
 Date:  Sat, 29 May 2004 15:21:32 -0700 (PDT)
On Sat, 29 May 2004, Manuel Kasper wrote:

> - upgraded base system to FreeBSD 4.10

Don't you mean 4.Ten? :-)

Has that fixed any bugs in the stateful filtering?  I've run across a bug
which I believe is in that area, running 1.0/4.9.  It may be reproducible
enough to get some packet traces.

> - webGUI error page no longer shows the name "m0n0wall"

Speaking of identification, I have some minor suggestions in that
department:

Although the hostname is now displayed to reduce confusion for people
with multiple m0n0walls, it's only shown on the main status page.  I'd
suggest making it part of the common header on *all* the pages (except the
error page :-)).  In the interests of brevity, using just the
"plain" hostname rather than the FQDN is probably sufficient, since it's
unlikely that and one user would have multiple m0n0walls with duplicate
hostnames distinguished only by the domain.

Similarly, including the hostname in the page titles would cause it to
appear in the browser history and the default bookmark names.

It would also be useful to include the hostname in the console menu
herald, so that it's clear which m0n0wall one is talking to over a serial
connection.

And being able to get the LAN IP from the console would be useful, perhaps
just by having a menu option to repeat the startup banner.

					Fred Wright