[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Fred Wright <fw at well dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall and cable
 Date:  Sat, 29 May 2004 16:32:58 -0700 (PDT)
On Sat, 29 May 2004, Adrian Padilla wrote:

> have there been any successful installation of m0n0wall under cable broadband

Works fine here for Comcast cable (dynamic) and Sonic DSL (static but
DHCP-capable).

> I am using roadrunner and my ip is issued under dhcp...but will never
> change ..I have a agreement with time Warner Ohio and there granting
> me the lease time of forever ....(persay)
>
> now I have had no success on getting this installed I have it up and
> running but as far as it obtaining the ip it does not get one

Meaning that the DHCP request fails?  What does the log show?

Do you need to configure a DHCP host name, or does it go by MAC address?

If it's keyed to a MAC address, was it previously used with a different
one, so that you need to reset or power-cycle the modem to clear the
association, or perhaps even call the ISP and tell them the new address?

					Fred Wright