[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Anthony Brohan <rocketman411 at hotmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall and cable
 Date:  Sat, 29 May 2004 20:15:31 -0400
>If it's keyed to a MAC address, was it previously used with a different
>one, so that you need to reset or power-cycle the modem to clear the
>association, or perhaps even call the ISP and tell them the new address?

Most likely this is keyed to MAC adress, what you do is take your own,
or the one that your router/PC that you're using now to access the
internet. Then, Under Interfaces: WAN put the MAC address of the
machine/router that you are currently using into there. I've heard of
MAC spoofers that claim 'Instead of changing IP, or to use a diffrent
computer not being able to access the internet, spoof your MAC and
you're set' There are many ways to find out what MAC you have.
To find out your current IP address or your router's IP address easily
use this :
http://www.astalavista.com/index.php?section=dir&cmd=file&id=686 .
Anthony Brohan