[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dinesh Nair <dinesh at alphaque dot com>
 To:  Jeremias Reith <jr at terragate dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch, <m0n0wall dash dev at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Beta 1.1b10
 Date:  Sun, 30 May 2004 20:28:58 +0800 (MYT)
On Sun, 30 May 2004, Jeremias Reith wrote:

> After upgrading to 1.1b10 m0n0wall only internal host names can be
> resolved. The DNS Forwarder returns the refused code (5) to all clients
> on the LAN as well to m0n0wall itself when trying to reslove an external
> host name.

oddly, dhclient-script (or dhclient itself) is taking a while to execute,
and as a result of that, /var/etc/nameservers.conf is not created when
system_resolvconf_generate() is called, leaving /var/etc/resolv.conf
without nameservers for the dns forwarder to use. that would result in the
behaviour you're seeing. i can reproduce this at my site as well where the
m0n0wall's WAN interface is getting DHCP configured from a DHCP server
on the LAN.

let me investigate why dhclient (or dhclient-script) is taking a while to
execute.