[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jeanne <techielists at regionalhelpwanted dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  newbie DMZ question
 Date:  Tue, 1 Jun 2004 13:48:07 -0400
Hi,

I am replacing a 3com firewall and need to keep the IP addressing as is. Nat/Firewall is working
fine for the LAN. I cannot configure the DMZ. Machines on the DMZ cannot ping the Wan or the
Gateway.

ISP issued block: x.x.x.240/28
WAN x.x.x.251/28
ISP designated gateway for this block: x.x.x.241
Machines in the DMZ have public IPs within this x.x.x.240/28 block. For example, our web server is
x.x.x.252 with a gateway of x.x.x.251, and an ftp server is x.x.x.246. The 3com allows for 2 DMZ
ranges of x.x.x.242-250 and 252-254. m0n0wall appears to allow only a single DMZ net.

For the moment I am allowing all traffic to and from the DMZ:
Wan interface -- Proto: * Source: DMZ Net Port: * Destination: * Port: *
DMZ Interface -- Proto: * Source: * Port: * Destination: DMZ net Port: *

Please know that I have searched the archives, but I'm still stumped. Thanks for your time.

Cheers,

Jeanne