[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Quark AV - Hilton Travis" <Hilton at QuarkAV dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Newbie ? - IPSec via Wireless (like SonicWall)
 Date:  Wed, 2 Jun 2004 12:53:43 +1000
Hi Falcor,

There's a **huge** difference between PPTP and IPSEC as far as security goes
with VPNs.

Personally, I'd place PPTP in the same league as WEP - untrustworthy.

--

Regards,

Hilton Travis                        Phone: +61-(0)7-3343-3889
Manager,                             Mobile: +61 (0)419 792 394
Quark IT                             http://www.QuarkIT.com.au/
Quark AudioVisual                    http://www.QuarkAV.net/
(Brisbane, Australia)