[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Uli Wachowitz <uli at wach dash o dash witz dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] suggestion
 Date:  Wed, 2 Jun 2004 11:13:19 +0200
2004-06-02 18:45, Andrew Eglington wrote:

> Network traffic logger that:
> - given a start and end date will show the *total* amount of data
> in/out.

Please don't even think about adding such (doubtless nice) function. If
you need something like that, use external tools. Same goes for the
traffic graph (IMHO).
You can do countless things with mrtg/mrtgfe and similar tools.

My mantra was, is and will always be: "A firewall is a firewall is a
firewall!"

Nothing more, nothing less.

And yes, I know, things like that have been discussed countless times
before.

uli

--
Of course I don't look busy.....