[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jeanne <techielists at regionalhelpwanted dot com>
 To:  "Brian Buys" <bbuys at tritel dot com>
 Cc:  falcor at netassassin dot com, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] newbie DMZ question
 Date:  Wed, 2 Jun 2004 15:58:06 -0400
Brian,

When you tried Scenario A, did you also do as Falcor suggested, and have your ISP route all traffic
to your WAN? It is obvious that I need to re-subnet, which is fine (I just inherited this set up,
and it's clear that we will need to make some DNS changes). If I understand Falcor right, I would do
the following:

WAN:
x.x.x.251/29 with gateway x.x.x.249
DMZ:
x.x.x.240/29 and assign gateway of x.x.x.241 on each machine

Do I still need my ISP to route all traffic bound for x.x.x.240/28 to x.x.x.251? And will the DMZ
machines be accessible via public IPs?

Thanks very much for your help,

Jeanne