[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Eric Shorkey" <eshorkey at commonpointservices dot com>
 To:  "Dinesh Nair" <dinesh at alphaque dot com>, "Ping Kwong" <kwongp at midtown dot net>
 Cc:  "'Mitch \(WebCob\)'" <mitch at webcob dot com>, "'Uli Wachowitz'" <uli at wach dash o dash witz dot de>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] suggestion
 Date:  Thu, 3 Jun 2004 02:44:30 -0400
You may want to add a built in way to manage plugins on an already running
system. Those that are using the cdrom booting distro will obviously not be
able to really use it, but the CF and ide image installations could use an
interface that allows users to upload plugins via the web interface, and the
system automatically installs the plugin. It may require a reboot after each
plugin install, though I think that plugin start/stop system would be more
flexible. At least that way you could turn plugins on and off on the fly
without reboots.

Just an idea