[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Quark AV - Hilton Travis" <Hilton at QuarkAV dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall on Dialup?
 Date:  Thu, 3 Jun 2004 19:11:00 +1000
Hi Scott,

Unfortunately, m0n0wall currently is an Ethernet-only firewall/router.  It
has no support for POTS, ISDN nor USB devices.  I don't personally care much
for USB devices, but here in Australia, there are a lot of ISDN and POTS
dialup users because of the lame-arsed way Telstra has monopolized the
communications infrastructure and limited broadband usage to a 100km thin
strip around the eastern border of the country.

I'll also add my vote for ISDN and POTS support, and also (possibly) for USB
ADSL support for those users stuck with a USB ADSL modem.

--

Regards,

Hilton Travis                        Phone: +61-(0)7-3343-3889
Manager,                             Mobile: +61 (0)419 792 394
Quark IT                             http://www.QuarkIT.com.au/
Quark AudioVisual                    http://www.QuarkAV.net/
(Brisbane, Australia)