[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Andrew Eglington" <aeglington at hotmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] No Link-up Detected
 Date:  Thu, 03 Jun 2004 22:14:20 +1000
I was installing (smirk, like booting from CD is an 'install' - I love
it!).. installing a first time m0n0 tonight and also came up against this
problem of it saying the link is not detected, despite it clearly being
plugged in.
Does 'no link up detected' mean the card thinks it's not plugged in? surely
it doesnt relate to the subnet being in a different range? (because mine was
at the time - default m0n0 = 192.168.. and PC set to 172.16..)
I'm not sure what I did, which likely means its just m0n0 being a bit buggy,
but after trying auto the usual 'few times', i went to manually assign and
noticed "link up" (or whatever the wording is) indicated next to the card I
was about to assign as LAN... so evidently it decided to see it in this
manual context.

However all works like a charm now. Sweeeet, another smoothwall convert to
rack up to m0n0wall's credit. In fact i suspect if i was to stick the CD and
floppy in the smoothwall box and boot I could have both m0n0 or smooth on
demand simply by booting with  or without the CD/floppy.

Now... where's the pretty traffic graph images?

Protect your inbox from harmful viruses with new ninemsn Premium. Go to
http://ninemsn.com.au/premium/landing.asp?banner=emailtag&referrer=hotmail