[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Adam Nellemann <adam at nellemann dot nu>
 To:  Eric Shorkey <eshorkey at commonpointservices dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] suggestion
 Date:  Thu, 03 Jun 2004 14:59:01 +0200
Eric Shorkey wrote:

> You may want to add a built in way to manage plugins on an already running
> system. Those that are using the cdrom booting distro will obviously not be
> able to really use it, but the CF and ide image installations could use an
> interface that allows users to upload plugins via the web interface, and the
> system automatically installs the plugin. It may require a reboot after each
> plugin install, though I think that plugin start/stop system would be more
> flexible. At least that way you could turn plugins on and off on the fly
> without reboots.
>
> Just an idea

Hi Eric,

I'm afraid that this has been suggested, but without being recieved
with much enthusiasm (in fact Manuel only did the plugin support that
is currently there due to popular demand). Perhaps someone can figure
a way to make a "plugin manager plugin" so once this has been
installed (the hard way), any additional plugins can be installed
through the GUI?

Adam.