[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Steve Bihari" <sbihari1 at cogeco dot ca>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  vnconfig to re-create new image
 Date:  Fri, 19 Sep 2003 23:12:49 -0400
Hi All,

I've been following the hackers guide and managed to get the current
net45xx-p15 image mounted in /mnt on my host server.  I then downloaded
and untarred the current rootfs.tar.gz, modified it and recompressed
back into a new mfsroot.gz.  Is there anyway to just copy my modified
mfsroot.gz into /mnt (overwriting the original packaged one) and
recreate the raw image file from the existing contents of /mnt to create
a brand new modified image?

Again, I am very new to BSD, so please exuse my ignorance if I sound
"out to lunch".

TIA..Steve