[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Duncan Thomas" <duncan at goldtel dot com dot au>
 To:  "Monowall " <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Adhoc wireless speeds.
 Date:  Mon, 22 Sep 2003 08:58:23 +0800
Have managed to get m0n0wall working nicely in HOSTAP and BSS mode. I am
having some problems with IBSS connecting to a Teletronics 2 Meg
wireless - Ethernet adaptor with an 11 Meg Pcmcia card.

The same setup (hardware) under Linux works fine. Really the only thing
I can think of is that there are some speed issues. I am not sure how
things work with respect to Ad-hoc i.e. does ad-hoc allow for mixed
networks of 2/11 Meg devices?

I do get some very sporadic connections and I can see the other end via
the web pages with good signal strengths. Like I said HOSTAP and BSS
connect fine to the Teletronics adaptor.

Regards Duncan