[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Ryan Grove <ryan at wonko dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  WAN connection drops after a day or two, requires restart
 Date:  Mon, 22 Sep 2003 11:29:50 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)
I recently moved into a new house and, due to the lack of DSL in the
area, subscribed to Comcast Digital Cable. I'm using m0n0wall as my
gateway and firewall. The WAN interface is using DHCP, and m0n0wall is
providing DHCP service to my machines on the LAN interface as well.

The problem is that twice in the last five days, m0n0wall seems to have
stopped communicating on the WAN interface. I can't get packets out and
packets can't come in until I reboot m0n0wall, and then everything works
fine again. Using m0n0wall's ping utility, I've verified that it's not
an issue with the LAN interface. I'm not sure how to figure out if this
is an issue with Comcast taking away my IP or with m0n0wall dropping it
and not renewing for some reason. Has anyone else experienced something
like this?

I'm running pb15r497 on a net4501.

--
Ryan Grove