[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Thomas Hertz <thomas at hz dot se>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Integrated name server?
 Date:  Tue, 23 Sep 2003 22:16:49 +0200
I'm new to the m0n0wall, but I have to say that I'm impressed!
It's currently running on an old diskless client (IBM NetStation)
booting off an integrated compact flash. Works like a charm!

What I'm really missing is an integrated nameserver that will be updated
by the integrated DHCP-server. For simplicity there could be an option
to automatically generate a hostname from the assigned IP (like
dhcp<number>.domain.com). Would this be possible to implement?

// Thomas Hertz