[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  Jernej Porenta <nejc.porenta+mono at kss dash loka dot si>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Wireless cards on PCMCIA bridge
 Date:  Tue, 23 Sep 2003 22:38:19 +0200 (CEST)
On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, Jernej Porenta wrote:

> I tried to use m0n0wall on a PC, which has PCI2PCMCIA bridge with
> Enterasys RoamAbout wireless card (PRISM II chip) but unfortunately, this
> is not supported in m0n0wall kernel.

All PRISM II cards should be supported by the wi driver that is compiled
into all m0n0wall kernels, but maybe the definition for your card is
missing in the pccard.conf file.

> I'm from linux world and I imagine, that if I want to use m0n0wall with
> this PCMCIA wireless card, I have to recompile the kernel. Am I right?

No. You need to find out the manufacturer and version string of your card
so it can be added to the pccard.conf file. I think there's a tool in
Linux to list that information for all inserted PC cards, but I don't
remember its name...

- Manuel