[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Greg Sims" <greg underscore sims at earthlink dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  To Do / Wish List: SSH & TCPDUMP
 Date:  Thu, 25 Sep 2003 21:10:37 -0700
I need to use a traffic sniffer (ala TCPDUMP) on the network that m0n0wall
is serving.  To use TCPDUMP with m0n0wall the way it is today, I need to add
a second server that can monitor the same three Ethernet interfaces m0n0wall
is using: WAN, LAN and OPT1.  I think I would also need three hubs so the
second server can see all the traffic on the three interfaces.  This is a
complex scenario.

I see the To Do / Wish List contains adding an SSH Interface for the console
and including TCPDUMP in the base configuration.  I believe this will be a
Super addition to m0n0wall!! I hope this note will help to raise the
priority of these items on the list.

Thanks again for a Great Product in m0nowall!!  Greg